Spring is officially here, even though some areas don't feel very spring-like right now. For spring 2016, makeup is lighter in color with pretty pastels and nudes. I created a soft and light makeup look using two complementary makeup products from MAKE beauty: Matte Finish Eyeshadow in Alabaster and Silk Cream Lipstick in Taffy.
I was inspired to create a softer version of Gigi Hadid's beauty look featured in Allure. Her look was very luminous. My combination skin is a bit on the oilier side so going full lumi it not the best road for me to take. I decided to start with a matte base and keep my eyes matte as well. I highlighted without shine except for my cheekbones. I chose a low shimmer blush and a soft, glowy lip.
An Early Spring Glow
This look is not about bold color but nude tones that are soft and pretty. They truly remind you of the softness of an early spring morning. MAKE's Matte Finish Eyeshadow in Alabaster is a blendable shadow that can be layered to achieve a multitoned effect that is subtle but has depth. MAKE's Silk Cream Lipstick in Taffy is the perfect pink that gives a pop of candy color that is not overbearing.
Here is how I created the featured makeup look (check @fashionssenseblog on IG for full product details):
- I chose a primer that would help refine the look of my large pores.
- Used a color correct before applying foundation. I suffer from hyperpigmentation so this is a necessary step.
- My foundation was an oil-free matte foundation. If you do not have oily skin, choose a sheer foundation that is slightly dewy in finish.
- I applied concealer under my eyes. I did not do the large triangle of concealer because I was not going for a full-on highlight effect.
- I used a pressed powder to set my foundation and concealer.
- Lightly contoured my jawline, nose, and light shading around my face.
- A shimmery peachy bronze blush was swept along the apples of my cheeks.
- I blended a liquid highlighter along my upper cheek bone for soft shine.
- Lightly defined brows for a more natural look using brow pencil on the brow and a cream highlighter on the brow bone.
- I went monochromatic on my eyes using MAKE's Matte Finish Eyeshadow in Alabaster but achieved degrees of nude color by first layering color using a shadow brush then patting color to lid only using my index finger.
- I lined the lower lash line with Alabaster eyeshadow.
- I finished my eyes with two coats of mascara.
- For lips, I lined with a nude lip liner and filled in with MAKE's Silk Cream Lipstick in Taffy. Blotted lips. Then applied another layer for longer-lasting results.
- I finished with a translucent HD powder to set makeup.
About MAKE Beauty
“MAKE is a brand that finds beauty in inspiration. A brand that believes there are no beauty rules. That each individual is driven by an artistic approach to their own personal reality. That it’s beautiful to be inspired by your imagination. To embrace a whimsical approach to life. To be outspoken, intelligent, confident and un-selfconscious.”
There are many more shades of the Matte Finish Eyeshadow and Silk Cream Lipstick to choose from on the MAKE website. Here is a discount to help you #MAKEYourself more beautiful. Right now through 4/15/2016 you can get 20%, site-wide with code MAKEYOURSELF.
Powered by Brandbacker