Spring is popping up in my neck of the woods with warmer than usual temperatures and lots of rain. As is typical when the seasons change, I have to adjust my skincare products. Right now, my skin does not like day cream and a thin serum is not enough to keep my skin feeling moisturized this time of year. Luckily for me, I received a complimentary bottle of Valentia Skin Care's Royal Rose Hydrating Serum and it is helping to keep my face hydrated as the seasons transition.
My Experience Using Royal Rose Hydrating Serum
For the past two weeks I've been using Valentia's Royal Rose Hydrating Serum as part of my morning routine. Right away, I noticed the light creamy texture of the serum. As soon as I applied it to my face, I noticed the light rose scent it has. It is pleasant, not overpowering.
The serum absorbs into the skin easily. After about a minute, it was fully absorbed leaving my skin feeling soft. Within a week, I saw a significant improvement in radiance. My skin feels soft and smooth, not dry at all. Since my combination skin has been leaning towards the oily side, I have not needed a day cream or moisturizer after this serum.
How I Use Royal Rose Hydrating Serum
As I stated earlier, I use this serum as part of my morning skincare routine. I am a double serum chick. I always use a vitamin C serum with a hydrating serum. My hydrating serums usually are thin hyaluronic serums but right now I need something a bit creamier in texture. That is where this Royal Rose Hydrating Serum comes into play.
What I do is squirt two pumps of the Royal Rose Hydrating Serum and two drops of Even Glow Vitamin C Serum – also a Valentia Skin Care product -- into the palm of my hand. I mix together in my palm with my index finger. Then run my palms together and smooth over my face.
About Valentia's Royal Rose Hydrating Serum
Now that you know how this serum worked for me, now it's time to learn the details about this serum that is giving me soft, glowing skin. Royal Rose Hydrating Serum is a serum that is made to boost moisture and resilience while soothing and calming skin. It achieves this by using a select group of ingredients to achieve optimum skin benefitting results:
- Rose Damascena: One of the most nourishing and skin friendly natural oils, providing balance, moisture, and a variety of vitamins and minerals to the skin.
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B): This potent vitamin has been clinically proven to fade away hyperpigmentation, sun spots, and acne.
- Rosehip Seed Oil: Naturally rich in Vitamins C & A, these essential fatty acids work quickly to lock in skin's moisture.
- Evening Primrose Oil: Provides light, non-oily moisture to the skin, never clogging or irritating the skin.
- Bearberry: Reduces melanin production, thereby lightening the skin, revealing a brighter complexion.
- Lavender: Heals the skin, treating pimples, wounds, and sores.
Stay tuned because I have been using another product from Valentia that I incorporated into my evening routine. That review will be on Between Sunshine and Rain next week.