This winter has been a strange one for my skin. I came down with the flu early on, which broke my face out something terrible. While trying to heal the acne breakouts my skin began to dry out. So I needed to revive my skin's glow while I treated it. Sounds tricky but it really wasn't. I used three steps, twice a week, to help me out.
Exfoliate, Detox, and Hydrate (EDH)
I am one of many whose skin dries out while using benzoyl peroxide. Benzoyl peroxide is great for treating acne but it makes my skin dry and dull looking. I switched up my facial cleanser and went back to basics using Noxzema Cleansing Cream and moisturized my face with a moisturizer that does not cause breakouts. Unfortunately, that was not enough. It was then, that three complimentary skincare products from Valentia Skincare arrived, a few days apart, that I found my answer. I needed to exfoliate to remove the dry, flaky skin, detox to remove any pore clogging impurities, and hydrate to not only bring back my glow but to prevent more fine lines from popping up.
Step One: Exfoliate with Valentia Eternal Youth Exfoliating Scrub
I started using Valentia Eternal Youth Exfoliating Scrub about a week ago and instantly fell in love with it. It has jojoba beads that are suspended in a lightweight, gel-like substance that glides over skin and prevents the beads from scrubbing my face too harshly. This was important because of the scourge of acne that invaded my face. It rinsed away clean with no residue. My skin felt instantly smoother and no longer looked dull.
This instant renewal was due to the abundance of natural, skin-loving ingredients in this exfoliating scrub:
- Green and White Tea: Packed with polyphenols and potent antioxidants that provide anti-inflammatory, anti-irritant, and anti-aging effects.
- Aloe Vera: This nutrient rich botanical moisturizes the skin and fights aging by improving skin firmness.
- Jojoba Beads: Gentle beads that work to exfoliate and remove dead skin cells without scratching the skin.
- Olive, Avocado & Kukui Butter: This nutrient dense trio is rich in Vitamin A, B, D, and E helps nourish, hydrate, and repair the skin while combating pro-aging free radicals.
Step Two: Detox with Valentia Skin Detoxifying Clay Mask
If you've read Fashion's Sense at all in 2015, you will know that I love making my own masks using clay powders and essential oils. Those masks are great when my skin is behaving as it should. Unfortunately, they were a bit too harsh during this particular breakout. However, Valentia Skin Detoxifying Clay Mask was nourishing enough to give me the impurity purging benefits I needed while not making my skin suffer any more than it already was.
I applied the mask to my face and left it on for 30 minutes. I did not feel the skin tightening, the pulling, that I typically feel from my homemade masks. This dried gently and has an intoxicating scent that is rather relaxing. After removing the mask, my skin looked fresher and felt clean without feeling tight. The natural ingredients in this mask gave me the gentle detox my healing skin needed:
- Kaolin Clay: Clay minerals draw impurities, improve skin tone, and tighten pores for smoother firmer skin.
- Plant Stem Cells: Naturally decreases the level of pro-aging toxins and works to soother the skin, reduce redness, and improve evenness.
- Spirulina: A botanical stimulant full of vitamins that hydrates the skins surface and contributes to tissue regeneration of the skin.
- CoQ10: Lessens the appearance of wrinkles by reducing free radical damage and stimulating health collagen production.
- Hibiscus & Cranberry Fibers: Both lend their anti-aging properties to firm and reinforce the skin, helping to reduce the creation of new wrinkles.
Step Three: Hydrate with Valentia Ultra Plumping Hydration Mask
I received the Valentia Ultra Plumping Hydration Mask first and it truly is a treat for aging skin. I was used to seeing fine lines under my eyes next to my cheeks when I wake up. They usually disappear within an hour after waking up. Recently, one pesky line decided to remain and it was freaking me out! After my first use of this mask, that pesky line disappeared. Right there I was sold on its hydrating and plumping abilities.
I don't use this mask all over anymore. I use it around my eyes, forehead and the fine lines around my mouth and over my lips. Yes, my lips. It has helped to make my lips smoother and softer. This mixes skincare science and nature together for the perfect skin plumping mask:
- Silk Protein Amino Acid Blend: These natural miracles increase moisture content and help in the production of collagen and elastin which decreases the appearance of visible lines.
- Botanical Hyaluronic Acid: Penetrates deep into the skin to secure moisture and plump skin from within.
- Organic Sea Buckthorn Oil: An anti-aging wonder berry that results in fewer fine lines, diminished sun spots, more even skin tone, and firmer more supple skin.
- Japanese Green Tea: Contains catechins that provide anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, and anti-irritant effects to the skin.
- Aloe Vera: This botanical moisturizers skin and fight aging by improving skin firmness.
Final Thoughts About the Valentia Skincare Trifecta
I rarely have 100-percent positive things to say about a product. Honestly, I have nothing negative to say about any of these three products. So, to answer the question in the title. Can three easy steps revive your healthy glow? If you use this Valentia Skincare trio, they can.
I completely recommend at least trying these three products out. If you can only afford to try one of these, hands down, I recommend trying the Ultra Plumping Hydration Mask this winter.
I received a sample(s) of the product(s) to keep for consideration in preparing this content.