For this post I am only counting the purchases made using my own money, not those free samples I get for product reviews. I did a bit of shopping at Walgreens this month. They've had some pretty great BOGO sales going on that I've posted on social media. If you have missed any of them then you need to follow me on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to make sure you don't miss those sale announcements. Oh and my total purchases cost me less than $1.00! Read to the end to find out how I made this happen.
- Colorliscious Lip Lava in Lava-nder: A nice, dark lavender with lots of shine. Unfortunately, my mother pouted until I gave this one to her.
- truNaked Waterproof Eyeliner Duo Pencil in Cashmere/Espresso: I love this duo. It is perfect for natural, smoky, and gilded glam looks. It really is waterproof. My sinuses cause my eyes water a lot and this liner does not run.
- truNaked Eyeshadow Goldens Palette: This is actually a nude palette for my skin tone. I can create natural and great smoky eye looks with this palette. With primer, the colors pop and blend well.
- Plumpify BlastPro Waterproof Mascara in Very Black: This is a good mascara it does make lashes look fuller. I suggest using a lash primer or clear mascara to get the most from this mascara. This still doesn't beat Covergirl's Super Sizer mascara where I'm concerned.
I bought four of the 10 Vivid Mate Liquid Lipsticks by Maybelline just came out with. Read my review to find out what thought about these liquid lipsticks.
Not Your Mother's
Walgreen's had a BOGO-50% sale on Not Your Mother's products. There is one product from the brand that I absolutely adore. Not Your Mother's Deja Vu 'Do Style Extender is my favorite hair product from the brand. I did get two of these so I a set for a while.
Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor
Revlon came out with its own matte liquid lipsticks. These were selling out fast. I intended to buy four of these as well since there was a BOGO-50% sale on these. Unfortunately, I was only able to buy two of the colors I wanted:
- HD Temptation: a hot pink shade
- HD Passion: a red berry shade
These lipsticks, at least in the colors I purchased were not flat matte. They ranged from demi- to semi-matte. You don't have a gloss shine but you do have a soft sheen close to a satin finish (more of a sateen finish for my textile knowledgeable peeps). It is comfortable to wear. The color is not stay-put. I did a tissue blot test and found that at least half of the saturated color comes off easily. The darker the color it seems the more pigment that is left behind on the lips. I will need to try more colors to make a fuller assessment. So far they seem to be better than Maybelline's Vivid Matte Liquid Lipstick.
This was a good purchase for me. As a kinky curly head, Shea Moisture products are among the top brands for #teamnatural. Walgreen's had a BOGO-free sale on all Shea Moisture products. So I purchased four products from the Strengthen, Grow & Restore Line:
- 2 containers of Jamaican Black Castor Oil Leave-In Conditioner
- 2 bottles of Jamaican Black Castor Oil Restorative Hair Serum
Here is the best part of all for these purchases. I only came out of pocket, $0.73. I used my Walgreen's Balance Rewards Points for these. I had over 80,000 points. You can only use 40,000 ($50.00) per order so I made two orders. Plus, I am getting cash back from Ebates. Best online shopping ever!
What are your latest beauty purchases? Did you run into any good sales?
More Beauty Sense
It's Time to #NOTICETHELOTUS with Derma E and Target in 2016
30 Days of Beauty: My Favorite Primers
How to Get Frizz-Free, Defined Curls Right Now