Yes, it's me again lovelies. I'm back because I am a glutton for punishment. I saw that some black beauty bloggers were doing a 30 days of beauty blogging challenge for January. I've only done the A to Z April challenge and figured this might be fun to do. Now I am a few days late with this so I am doing days one through three in a single post. Are you ready?
Day One: Fave Brand(s)
For day one bloggers were supposed to blog about their favorite brands. For me beauty is hair care, makeup, and skin care -- essentially the technical definition of cosmetics. So my favorite beauty brands are as follows:
|Hair Care||Makeup||Skin Care|
|Kinky Curly||CoverGirl||Peter Thomas Roth|
|Carol's Daughter||Maybelline||Dr. Brandt|
|Head & Shoulders||Rimmel||Noxzema (still use the cold cream when my skin needs a break)|
|SoapBox Soaps (new fave)||Physicians Formula||Clinique|
|Keranique (new fave)||L'Oreal||OZ Naturals (make some of the best face serums)|
|tarte||Solvaderm (love this brand and wish I could always afford it)|
|Make Up For Ever||Aquaphor|
|Sephora||Avon's Foot Works|
Day Two: Foundation(s)
I will have to assume what is meant by this and hope I do not make a donkey out of myself in the process. I will take this to mean the foundations I am currently using. Right now I am using Maybelline foundations.
- Maybelline Fit Me in Warm Honey is my summer shade for when my skin gets darker. It gives me a golden look during the warm months.
- For winter, I am mixing it in with the Maybelline Super Stay Better Skin foundation I received from Influenster back in August. The shade is lighter than my skin tone but I mix in a little of the Fit Me to get the right shade for me.
- I have another Super Stay Better Skin foundation that my friend -- who I convinced to sign up with Influenster -- gave me because it was way too light for her. This one I don't use as foundation but use it as a concealer.
Day Three: Face of the Day
I'm cheating with this one because my face is a wreak right now. I am still fighting the flu, cold, or whatever it is and it took a toll on my skin. I have acne galore. So I am not wearing makeup until my skin heals. I will give the details for my Christmas Day makeup. I meant to do this the weekend after Christmas but I wasn't feeling well enough at the time.
Here is my Christmas Face I posted to Instagram and Facebook:
Here are the deets:
- Avon Magix Face Perfector.
- Maybelline Fit Me (Warm Honey) and Super Stay Better Skin (Warm Nude) Foundations mixed together.
- Maybelline Super Stay Better Skin Foundation (Nude Beige) used as concealer.
- Xtava Perfect Skin Sweet Almond Matte Pressed Powder to bake.
- tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Tinted Pressed Powder in Tan to set foundation.
- Starlooks Scheana Marie Bronzer in Soleil for contour.
- Sephora It Palette.
- Sephora Eyeshadow Duo in Intense Blue.
- e.l.f Long-Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow in Confetti to highlight.
- Billion Dollar Brows 60-Seconds to Beautiful Brows and Best Sellers Kits for brows and contouring.
- Clinique Lash Building Primer and High Impact Mascara.
- e.l.f Liquid Eyeliner in Navy (I think the sticker fell off).
- e.l.f Blush in Mellow Mauve.
- Benefit Watts Up highlighter.
- CoverGirl Colorlicious Lipstick in Coquette Orchid.
- e.l.f High Definition Powder in Sheer to create a soft, diffused glow.
How's that for cramming three days of blogging prompts into one post? It won't be this crazy and jammed pack going forward. In fact, it looks like these posts might be rather short and sweet. I ain't mad about that because I have other blog work to get done this month.
I will see you lovelies tomorrow with more from the #SpiceVoxBox and another 30 Days of Beauty post!
More Beauty SenseLook beautiful with these 5 makeup essentials
Straight Hair Feels Weird to Me Now
Review of Valentia True Glow Eye Cream