Hey lovelies! For the first post of September I wanted to review the August 2015 Starlooks LooksBook I received over the weekend. It is called the "Resort Edition" and features colors that remind me of the beach at sunset. Come find out the details of the August LooksBook and learn some tricks to make the most out of the makeup items.
What is a Starlooks LooksBook Subscription?
With the Looksbook subscription, you have three "perfect size' or deluxe samples of curated Starlooks cosmetics plus three gift cards for $12/mo. How this differs from the Custom Starbox is:
- You do not pick any of the items in your LooksBook -- not even the gift cards.
- The cosmetics selections in LooksBooks are part of a monthly beauty theme.
- The LooksBook does feature a book providing tips on how to apply the makeup selections.
LooksBooks seem to be geared more towards those who are new or at an intermediate level when it comes to applying makeup. This is where the theme with coordinated color and the tips booklet come in handy. If you don't really know how to create a complete beauty look with lipstick, blush, and eyeshadow, the LooksBook is a handy subscription that can show you how using a set theme and techniques you can apply to other makeup items.
Items from my Resort Edition LooksBook
I received three "prefect size" makeup items:
- Satin Finish Water Eyeshadow in "Aqua"
- Highlighter/Blush Duo in "Ritz/Tropics"
- Gloss Finish Lipstick in "Jet Set"
- Versa Swimwear $50 Gift Card
- Torrain $15 Gift Card
- The Laboratory $15 Gift Card -- Must make a total merchandise purchase (tax and delivery excluded) of $30 or more in order to use the card
Check Out My Resort Looks
My first look is based upon the tips from the LooksBook booklet -- sorry lovelies for those tips you need to get your own LooksBook.
- Xtava Volume Mascara
- e.l.f pressed powder in "Honey"
- "Ritz" highlighter as eyeliner for my lower lashline
For my second look I wanted more of a sunset beach look. However, I still wanted to focus on the three items from the Resort Edition. So, my look is similar to that of first one but with more depth. I did this to show a how minor tweaks can enhance and give more depth.
- Face: Lancôme Dual Finish - Versatile Powder Makeup in "Bisque", Starlooks Scheana Marie Starline Bronzer in "Soleil" for light contouring, and finished with my e.l.f pressed powder in "Honey"
- Eyes: "Aqua" on lid, "Jet Set" (Yes, the lipstick) under my brow bone, "Ritz" on my brow bone, and Xtava Volume Mascara
- Cheeks: "Ritz" right on my upper cheekbone, "Tropics" on swept across full cheek.
- Lips: "Jet Set" patted on using my pinky; with a cotton swab dusted "Tropics at center lower lip and fanned out toward lip line; with a cotton swab applied "Ritz" to center of lips (upper and lower)
I am pleased with the box overall. The "Jet Set" lipstick is a pretty color. However, I already have a similar color in a matte formula from Starlooks, Lip Stix in "Riberry". So, I am good on that front when the "Jet Set" runs out. I definitely will be stalking Starlooks' website for when a full size version of the "Ritz/Tropics" highlighter/blush duo becomes available. *hint* *hint*
Do you struggle with creating makeup looks? A Starlooks LooksBook subscription may be what you need to help improve your makeup game.
**I received sample in exchange for this content.**