Hey lovelies, I am back with another beauty review for you. This time it is another face serum Jeffen sent me to review on Fashion's Sense. Let me say that I was never one for face serums, but since I've been given the opportunity to try these wonderful treatments I am an avid supporter and promoter of face serums -- well, good ones. Let's see how Jeffen's I Am Radiant Vitamin C Serum stacks up.
Jeffen's DescriptionThe following bullet point description is directly from the product listing on Amazon:
- TAKE 10 YEARS OFF YOUR LOOKS: Only of its kind to include restoring virgin Argan Oil - Restore dull skin with the "liquid gold" of Morocco. 20% Vitamin C to revitalize aging skin and rejuvenates collagen production. Hyaluronic Acid increases smoothness and youthfulness of the skin. Aloe Vera will improve the skin's natural firmness, while keeping the skin hydrated and cooling inflammation. Minty fresh Geranium keeps your skin balanced and contracted for a toned look.
- AGE DEFYING TO SAVE YOU MONEY: Be authentically you. No more scars and expense of plastic surgery. Get the face lift you've been looking for - naturally. Goodbye: wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, discoloration, and free radical damage. Hello: youthful radiant glow.
- UNIQUELY FORMULATED TO PROTECT: Certified organic ingredients. Safe to use and non-toxic: No alcohol, parabens, sulfates, dyes, and synthetic fragrances. Conscious beauty you can trust: Cruelty-free, vegan, FDA and GMP certified, made in the USA.
- YOUR PURCHASE WILL GIVE BACK: For every serum you buy, Jeffen donates $1 to Universal Giving. 100% donation goes toward empowering children with backpacks, school supplies, and supporting literacy programs. Creating a beautiful world together, starting with you.
- HASSLE-FREE MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE! If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied, please return your serum for a no-questions asked, full refund.
How Does I Am Radiant Measure-Up to its Description?I don't know about taking 10 years off my looks. It did leave my skin feeling firmer so that toned-look it mentions is pretty spot on. I don't have wrinkles and my fine lines are around my eyes where I do not use the serum. It actually works fast on dark spots. That is probably the vitamin C kicking some discoloration butt. I am not in the market for any cosmetic procedures so I can't testify to any money-savings in that area. Not sure how "organic" equates to protecting your skin but organic can be good for environment so I'll give Jeffen that one. The last two I'll have to take their word on that since I received the product free from Jeffen for my honest review.
The Fashion's Sense Grade for I Am Radiant: A-This serum is unlike other serums in that it is very light. I am talking about water-like light. Therefore, you have to dispense the liquid into the palm of your hand and smooth over your face because fingertip application is not going to work. Due to its watery consistency, it is not exactly ideal as a winter skincare serum. It is too light to offer any type of barrier as you layer products during the cold weather months. I do believe it might be perfect for late spring through early fall. It is also good for those with oily skin. When I use it on the oily areas of my face, it does not increase oil production, which is good.
Final ThoughtsIf you have dry skin, I recommend mixing a drop or two in with your moisturizer each day and night so it can be evenly applied to your skin. For oily or combination skin, this is a good serum to use from May through September due to its light texture. Be mindful to always wear sunscreen after using the product. Vitamin C increases photosensitivity, which means those dark spots the serum is fading are prone to further darkening if they are not protected from the sun.
Have you tried face serums in the past?
What do you like or dislike about them?
**I received this product from the merchant free me to review and give my honest, unbiased opinion. All opinions stated are my own.**