The 21st Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards or SAG Awards were held Sunday, January 25, 2015. As many know, the SAG Awards are one of the precursor awards shows for the Academy Awards (for film) and The Primetime Emmys (for television). Entertainment’s best actors, directors, producers, etc. gathered for the event to see which of their peers would take home an award.
The SAG Red CarpetAs a fashion and beauty blogger, it would be remiss of me not to study the red carpet looks of the event. Here are some of the best I found:
- Julia Roberts: Roberts kept if simple and chic in a tuxedo jumpsuit. Her hair fell in soft waves with neutral-toned makeup. Very low-key chic.
- Sarah Hyland: Hyland looked stunning in a plunging, cowl neck gown. Her hair was pulled back into a neat chignon, with earth tone makeup to balance out the look.
- Ariel Winter: This 16-year old “bombshell in the making” was simply gorgeous in a white, figure-emphasizing gown. Winter's hair was styled in a looser take on the old Hollywood glamour hairstyles of the 40s and 50s. Her makeup also was classic with dark rimmed eyes, flushed cheeks, and lightly rouged lips.
- Aubrey Anderson-Emmons: Adorable Aubrey was quite the little lady on the red carpet. Could she be a little fashionista in the making already adopting spring's white on white look? I have to say that I love seeing child actors dressed in formal attire for children instead of mini versions of women's clothing.
- Julianne Moore: Initially, I was on the fence about the beaded emerald green dress Moore wore. I think it was the way the light hit it in certain photographs. However, I got a better look at it in a backstage image and the dress is quite lovely. Moore's makeup featured a lovely natural flush of beigey pinks. However, I do have to deduct a point for the hair.
- Lupita Nyong'o: Seriously, she is a clotheshorse. I mean that in a good way. I have not seen her on the red carpet or at any event and look less than gorgeous from head to toe! You will see in the slideshow.
For more red carpet looks check out this SAG red carpet slideshow (you may want to view in full screen):
- Outstanding Performance by a Cast: the cast of "Birdman"
- Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role: Eddie Redmayne for "The Theory of Everything"
- Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role: Julianne Moore for "Still Alice"
- Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role: J.K. Simmons for "Whiplash"
- Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role: Patricia Arquette for "Boyhood"
- Outstanding Performance By An Ensemble In A Drama Series: The cast of "Downton Abbey"
- Outstanding Performance By An Ensemble In A Comedy Series: The cast of "Orange is the New Black"
- Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series: Kevin Spacey for "House of Cards"
- Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series: Viola Davis for "How to Get Away with Murder"
- Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Comedy Series: William H. Macy for "Shameless"
- Outstanding Performance by A Female Actor in a Comedy Series: Uzo Aduba for "Orange is the New Black"
- Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries: Mark Ruffalo for "The Normal Heart"
- Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries: Frances McDormand for "Olive Kitteridge"
Honors for Stunt Ensembles
- Motion Pictures: Stunt ensemble for "Unbroken"
- Television: Stunt ensemble for "Games of Thrones"
Main Image Credit: Screen Actors Guild via Image.net. All Rights Reserved
Images Credit for SAG Recipients: 2015 Kevin Mazur via Image.net. All Rights Reserved