Influenster was showing off with their Frosty Vox Box. Not only did this makeup-loving woman get the NYC Expert Last Sugar Plum lip color but I also received a free ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal black eyeliner and Just Let it Go gentle eye makeup remover. Along with these items I am reviewing the ScandalEyes Retro Glam mascara that I received in my Spring Fling Vox Box (I was in the hospital at the time it arrived).
ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal EyelinerI like to give the manufacturer's description first. In Rimmel London's words:
Long lasting shocking color intensity with kohl Britania High intensity color for an instant color impact Ultra smooth & creamy formula that glides on easily Waterproof, smudge-proof, sweat-proof, heat-proof, humidity-proof and scandal- proof Dermatologist & ophthalmologist tested. Safe for sensitive eyes.How did the liner match up to the claims?
- Yes, it is long lasting.
- Yes, its color is intense. It is one of the blackest eyeliners I've ever used.
- Yes, it is very smooth and creamy.
- Yes, it really does glide on.
- Yes, it did not irritate my sensitive eyes.
- However, I can't testify to its waterproof capabilities because I did not swim, sweat, or cry.
ScandalEyes Retro Glam MascaraI love mascara. Any mascara that can make my lashes look like falsies is right up my alley. Rimmel claims this mascara gives you a "Bold, wide-eyed false lash look."
Unfortunately, I have worn mascaras that gave me that look and this mascara did not give me the same results. I'll say this, it could have a lot to do with the brush design. My lashes do not respond well to fat mascara brushes anymore. I've been using thin brushes for so long now that my lashes just latch on and extend for them regardless of the mascara formula. My lashes still looked good though.
Just Let it Go Eye Makeup RemoverWearing long-wear, waterproof eye makeup often requires the need for a separate eye makeup remover. Just Let it Go, in Rimmel's own words:
Gently removes all eye makeup, including long lasting and waterproof make up, with no oily residue.For a true test I removed my eye makeup from my right eye with this and used petroleum jelly for my left eye. I have to say that Rimmel's eye makeup remover does an adequate job of removing eye makeup. It took me over eight minutes using their remover to take off most of the makeup on my right eye. My left eye took less than four minutes using petroleum jelly.
Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.
Dermatologically and ophthalmologically tested.
If you do not like oil or petroleum-based eye makeup removers this could be a good choice for you. I prefer my cheaper route that got the job done better for me. Also, the Rimmel eye makeup remover left the skin of my under eye area feeling rough and dry. This could be from the Isopropyl Alcohol (rubbing alcohol you get from the drug store). Rubbing alcohol dries out my skin. It took three days before my under eye area stopped feeling rough and was smooth again.
- I cannot wholly recommend the Just Let it Go eye makeup remover. It is more expensive than what I normally use and it dried out the delicate skin under my eyes. For me, it is not worth a purchase.
- ScandalEyes Retro Glam mascara is a standard mascara. If you like fat brushes then this could be a good buy for you. It’s not expensive so it's a relatively good buy.
- The ScandalEyes Kohl Kajal waterproof eyeliner pretty much delivers. I want to purchase this in other colors to see how vibrant they come across. A definite buy!
Have you tried any of these three Rimmel London products? How do you like them?
Image Credit: ShawnTe Pierce -- All Rights Reserved