Around mid-December I received my Frosty Vox Box from Influenster. It was filled with lots of goodies for me to try, review, and share my opinions on at no cost to me. Isn't that great? Unfortunately, not everything is a positive review. Let me give you the condensed version (which might still be long).
The Beauty ProductsI received five beauty products to try and test. I was only able to use four of those five and only three of those four gave me enough product to do an adequate test and review.
- Boots No.7 Protect and Perfect Intense Advanced Serum -- I received a single-use sample packet of this which was not enough product to make an adequate review. This was a big miss for me.
- Rimmel London ScandalEyes Kohl Kajal eyeliner -- The color was intense and glided on smoothly. I recommend buying it.
- NYC Expert Last lip color -- Received the Sugar Plum shade and it rocks!
- Rimmel London Just Let it Go eye makeup remover -- I did not like this. Another miss for me.
- EcoTools Full Volume Styler -- I have kinky coily hair. A round hair brush is not ideal for my hair. I gave it to my mother and she has likes it. A miss for me.
Grocery ProductsI received three grocery items:
- McCormick Gourmet Dried Thyme
- Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane Green Tea
- Cherry Fruit Vines
All three were hits. My favorite is the McCormick Gourmet Thyme. This dried herb costs around $5.00 and I would have never purchased it. It really enhances the flavors of recipes and now I am hooked. So yes, I will spend the $5.00 going forward on this product.
My least favorite were the Fruit Vines. While I did like them, initially there was a waxy flavor note to them. That went away as you continued to chew on the snacks.
Frosty Vox Box RatingI give it a four out of five stars. The only reason for that is the Boots sample. I don't understand how Influenster or Boots could expect anyone to give a valid video review of an anti-aging skincare product from a single-use sample. You would need at least two weeks to see any type of results from it. I was disappointed with that. The other misses are just a matter of how well something works with you. Rimmel did not know their eye makeup remover would dry my skin out. EcoTools had no idea what hair texture I have in order to send out the proper hair brush for me to test and review.
I am eager to read the reviews of other Frosty Vox Box recipients. Leave your links in the comments if you received one. If you tried any of these products sans the Influenster box, let me know how you like them!
More in beautyVIDEO: Boots No.7 Protect & Perfect Intense Advanced Serum Review
Rimmel ScandalEyes and 'Just Let it Go' Eye Makeup Remover Review
NYC Expert Last Sugar Plum Lip Color
Image Credit: ShawnTe Pierce All Rights Reserved