This time of year, I tend to write a lot about skin dryness due to cold weather and indoor heating. This is something I have dealt with every fall and winter since I hit my 30s. Add to it having to remain indoors since May due to my medical issues and you can imagine my dryness was worse than usual. Therefore, I was more than willing to try the sample of Rejuveniqe Oil Intensive I received earlier this month.
A Little About Rejuveniqe Oil IntensiveThe product is primarily marketed as a hair care product. Like many hair oils on the beauty scene the goal is to create shiny hair that is soft and manageable. It is also an add-on for Monat's hair care lines. This tweet from Monat's twitter account highlights the hair benefits of the oil:
In clinical studies, 100% who tried Rejuveniqe experienced an increase to the hair's natural shine! pic.twitter.com/buK1pgvt90
— MONAT (@MONATOfficial) October 21, 2014
Rejuveniqe Oil Intensive for SkincareAs I stated earlier, my skin has become a dry mess. My usual Simple Replenishing Rich Moisturizer was not moisturizing enough to combat my dry skin quickly. Rejuveniqe can be used on the skin. I first tested it straight from the bottle on an extremely dry, rough patch of skin on my right calf. Immediately, the patch began to soften. After three days, the patch was gone. I continued to apply a drop each day for the rest of the week and my skin felt smooth and moisturized.
I wasn't too keen on using the oil directly on my face, so I added three drops of the oil to my Simple moisturizer. After four days, the dry patches on my cheeks, chin, and brows were gone. Now the redness is even gone from my face.
Pros and ConsAs with any product, there are good points and bad points. Rejuveniqe Oil Intensive is no exception:
- The scent of the oil is pleasant. I don't know about you but when a product smells good to me it makes me want to try it even more.
- It absorbs quickly. This is important for any oil you apply to your skin. If an oil absorbs quickly this means, it won't make your skin feel greasy or look like an oil slick.
- It works quickly to relieve excessive dryness, even dry patches of skin.
- A little goes a long way. One drop on an area of skin works well. Three to four drops mixed in with your regular moisturizer makes the product last even longer. I haven't had to go back to my bottle of Rejuveniqe oil since I added it to my moisturizer.
- I love the packaging design. This links back to point four, the eyedropper really helps you to not use too much of the product thus wasting it.
Price - $99.00. That is the only con I find for it. However, if I can get about four to six months use from this one bottle of Rejuveniqe Oil Intensive, then the price will be worth it in my opinion.
For all of my product junkie lovelies out there Rejuveniqe Oil Intensive can be a luxury beauty splurge for you this Christmas. If you are ballin' and can afford this product without it being a splurge then definitely give it a try. If any of you try it on your hair leave your results in the comments or link your review in the comments so we can see the other ways this intense oil works.
Don't bring dry, crunchy hair to the Wilmington Fringe Festival
3 important cold weather skincare tips you need to know
Moisturizing ingredients dry skin loves
Disclosure: I received a complimentary product from Monat via iFabbo for review.