I am a primer girl. However, I have tried a DD cream without being very impressed. I have yet to test out any BB or CC creams. Yesterday I took the plunge and tested my first BB cream, Pond's Luminous Finish BB+ Cream. I received a single-use, sample of the cream from a Walgreen's order. The BB cream only comes in two shades, light and medium. I tend to have luck with medium shades when it comes to tined primers, moisturizers, and other beauty creams. Therefore, I was hesitant to try this sample in the light shade. I am glad I tried it because it surprised in a good way.
What Pond’s Says Their Luminous BB+ Cream Will Do (from Pond's site)Flawless in Seconds, + More Even Tone in 2 Weeks!
POND'S® Luminous Finish BB+ was created with Tone Perfecting Complex. It works by targeting the source of dark spots on skin’s surface – visibly fading them for a difference you can see. It also delivers a special pigment system designed to blend flawlessly into a variety of skin tones and immediately conceal imperfections with natural-looking coverage.
Available in Light and Medium.
At night, remove all traces of makeup with Luminous Clean™ Wet Cleansing Towelettes.
- Superior* Coverage of Imperfections
- Superior* Visible Dark Spot Reduction
- Superior* Non-Greasy Feel, with a Matte Finish
- Broad spectrum SPF 15 sun protection
- Non-comedogenic – won’t clog pores
- Dermatologist tested
ApplicationI used clean, dry hands to apply the cream to my face. I smoothed it on, blending it into my face and neck. It felt a little heavier than I would prefer but it did not weigh my face down either. It was not greasy, which was a plus in my book since I have combination skin. It goes on smoothly and blends very well with no streaking.
Skin Tone MatchingI did not expect this to match my skin tone since it was the light shade. To my surprise, it blended into my skin so well that it matched my skin tone within 10 minutes. Initially I thought I still might need the medium shade because the pink undertones did make my skin look a bit chalky. I guess the warmth of my skin reacted with cream because my harshest makeup critic -- my mother -- could not tell I was wearing a base.
FinishI am not so sure I had a "luminous" finish but it was demi-matte one even though Pond's claims the finish is matte. The slight redness I have in some areas was evened out. Minor dark spots were blurred. Therefore, it does help to even out your skin tone. My skin also felt soft and smooth, not greasy.
WearI have had this one for about 10 hours now. The coverage is still good. However, it does not help to control oil. I do have oily shine on my face.
- Pond's claims their Luminous BB+ Cream matches a variety of skin tones and they were true to their word on that if the light shade matches my skin tone.
- If you are a light-skinned person of color, wait about ten minutes before leaving the house to allow any ashiness or chalkiness to wear away.
- If you have combination or oily skin, either blot away shine throughout the day or use an oil-control primer first then the BB cream. This may cause the cream to have the matte finish it boasts.
- I think when I actually use the full-size product I will use less cream and might apply it with a makeup brush. The sample contained a little more cream than I would normally apply to my face.
Have you guys tried Pond's Luminous BB+ Cream yet? What shade did you try and how well did/does it perform for you?
If you think this BB cream is worth a try you can find at Amazon and most drugstores.