|Lip gloss on eyes, lips, and cheeks in after shot|
In my latest BG post for Yahoo!Shine, Beauty Guru: 3 Quick Beauty Fixes that Save Me Every Time, some of my readers were appalled at the thought of using lip gloss and lipstick on their eyelids. I have to admit, I probably would feel the same way if I did not already know how useful this trick is. I owe this beauty tip to my mother.
My mother was never one to wear much makeup. She did not like eyeshadow so she used lipstick and blush as eyeshadow. She looked lovely doing so. While I do not recommend using it on a daily basis, lip gloss beauty can enhance your looks in a minute or two. Here is how.
|Avon Glazewear in Darling Pink on eyes|
- Start with a clean and moisturized face.
- Add primer, foundation, or whatever base you choose to wear.
- Choose a color of lip gloss you think would look good if it were eyeshadow.
- Apply a little of the gloss to your index finger and smooth over entire eyelid up to, but not on, the brow bone.
- Do the same for the other eye.
- Apply about four dots or dabs of gloss to the back of your hand.
- Using your index and middle finger swoop up two of the gloss dots and blend into your cheeks.
- Do the same for the other cheek.
- Apply more gloss if you want more color.
- Apply lip gloss to your lips.
|I decided to add mascara and liner as an option|
- Lightly press a piece of paper towel or tissue into cheeks and eyelids to remove some of the shine. I recommend this if your gloss is the high-shine type or is on the goopy side.
- If you have them handy and have extra time, apply a coat of mascara and line your eyes with black or brown eyeliner.
Your beauty is simply enhanced with this technique. The gloss adds color and depth to your face so you will not look washed out. Applying mascara and eyeliner gives your eyes a little added drama for a sultry look.
When you see the results, the idea of lip gloss or lipstick as eyeshadow and blush does not seem so "out there" does it?
I never let you guys go without knowing the products I used. I used Avon's Glazewear Lip Gloss in Darling Pink. Now Avon has repackaged their Glazewear glosses and now call them Ultra Glazewear Lip Gloss. I recommend the cream shades because there have been complaints that the shimmer and sparkle shades irritate the lips. I also used Eclos Daily Hydra Primer SPF 30 for my tinted primer, STILA Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Chocolate Brown, and Buxom Lash in Blackest Black.
Catch you later lovelies!